At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Motorola Solutions Finance Operations Centre (F.O.C.) provides world-class finance, accounting and purchasing services to Motorola branches in Europe, Middle East, Africa, US and Latin America region. It is a dynamic environment where your ideas and input will be valued and where you will do some of the best work of your life.
As a Senior General Ledger & Compliance Specialist, you will be a key member of our Financial Accounting Team and perform a wide variety of roles in our SOX environment. You will be a central point of contact within the wider Finance team and will have very varied responsibilities including journal approval and review, month end results documentation, estates contract verification, balance sheet and cash control, quarterly VAT returns and control over the finance management system. You will also be involved in external audit, SOX documentation and all aspects of international tax reporting.
- Approval of SAP journals both in advance and retrospectively, in accordance with internal SOX environment controls
- Documentation of month end results position, significant variances to forecast and communication to senior management (SOX control)
- Monthly review of operating lease contract database to ensure validity of data
- Approval of balance sheet reconciliations
- Management and approval of vendors and payments within AP processes
- Preparation of quarterly VAT and monthly CIS returns
- Control over financial section of the management process system, monthly reporting thereon, to support ISO certification and external audits
- Participation in external PWC financial audits, both group and local statutory
- Corporate tax assistance, including country-by-country reporting, and international tax reporting packages
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duties within finance and SAP
- Ensure compliance with FRS 102 for statutory reporting and US GAAP for group reporting
- At least 4 years of experience in general ledger accounting, group accounting, or audit background
- A degree in Economy or Finance is a must. The ACCA, CIMA or Chartered Accountant qualifications would be a big advantage.
- Experience of group reporting, ideally under FRS 102 and US GAAP
- Experience of month end and year end close processes including journal posting, results review and balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience of statutory audit requirements and accounts
- Knowledge of accounting packages SAP and Oracle desirable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize your workload and work independently
- Proficient in business English
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Employee Pension Plan (PPE)
- Competitive salary package,
- Strong team-oriented culture,
- Flexible working hours,
- Contract of employment,
- Private medical & dental coverage,
- Life insurance,
- Comfortable work conditions (high class offices, parking space),
- Trainings and broad development opportunities,
- Volleyball field and grill place next to the office,
- Lots of sport activities as Moto football league, Wakeboarding, Snowboarding, e-gaming league etc.,
- Access to wellness facilities and integration events,
- Motorola Solutions is supporting CSR activities and encourages employees to participate.